Παρασκευή 10 Ιουνίου 2016

RICHARD PRICE

Richard Price is President and Signature Member of the North East Watercolor Society, and a Signature Member of the Central New York Watercolor Society. Originally influenced by the paintings of  Sargent, Burchfield, Homer, Wyeth and Hopper, he took workshops with Tony Couch, Dominick Distefano, Mel Stabin and others. 

His work has won awards in many national and regional exhibitions in the US, including the Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors, the North East Watercolor Society International Exhibition, the Cooperstown National Exhibition and many others. His paintings are in private and corporate collections in the US, Canada, Japan and Europe.


"Most of my work is based on real places or things, but those are only starting points. I take the commonplace and share my feelings about it with the viewer. I continually study design principles, color theories, drawing techniques and the works of other artists to allow me to express these things in new and exciting ways. My goal in painting is to become the best painter I possibly can. Although there is no end to this pursuit, it is a meaningful and long lasting motivation for an artist."


Untitled, watercolor

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου